Magnolia World, SA, headquartered at Rua Tristão da Cunha, Lote 18, Urb. Pedra Alçada, 8600-626 Lagos, fiscal number 510257674, is the entity responsible for collecting and processing your data.
It is hereby established that at any time you may exercise the right of access, alteration, updating, rectification, deletion, limitation and portability of your data, as provided for in the General Data Protection Regulation, approved by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016.
How do you collect the data?
When you interact with us, either via our website or directly in the Mar d´Estórias space, we may collect information from you:
- Information you provide us by filling out a form on our website, placing an order, creating an account, receiving our newsletter with promotions, participating in contests, or contacting us (by email, phone, social networks or others).
- Information that the computer system collects each time you visit our website:
- Information we collect from our physical store – Mar d’Estórias is always looking for new opportunities to enhance your shopping experience. When you visit Mar d’Estórias, you can provide us with some information about yourself in the store, fill out a questionnaire and receive our newsletter with news and/or promotions.
What kind of data is collected?
Such data may include your name, location or address, telephone number and email, date of birth, gender, purchase information, shopping preferences, images and financial information (including credit or debit card details, except that we do not keep this data because it is processed by payment companies such as Paypal). The data collected is described in each form. We always ask for the minimum data, just to ensure response to the request made.
How do you use this information?
We will need to use the information collected to enable us to provide our services, including to enable you to order and receive products using our website, to manage your account and to optimize your online shopping experience.
We may also use the information collected for marketing and advertising purposes only when previously authorized by you. When, for example, you inform us that you would like to receive our promotions. To occasionally send updates, news, and promotions via email, post, phone, or other means of communication. You may at any time unsubscribe from our marketing communications.
Do you share my personal data with outside companies?
To provide our services we work with partners with whom we share your information, under the following limited circumstances:
- Carriers we work with to make your orders reach you. As such, they need access to order information, including your name and address.
- External payment institutions for billing items, including your credit / debit card details.
- Email marketing tools that help us send our newsletter, such as MailChimp.
How do you keep my data secure?
All collected data is encrypted using a security certificate – SSL. The data is stored in a database and used exclusively by Magnolia World, SA. We continuously monitor access to information technology systems to prevent, detect and avert misuse of your personal data.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small software tags that are stored on your computer through your browser, retaining only information related to your preferences, not including your personal data.
There are two types of cookies that can be used:
- Permanent cookies – These are cookies that are stored at the browser level on your access devices (PC, mobile phone and tablet) and are used whenever you revisit our website. They are generally used to direct navigation to your interests, allowing us to provide a more personalized service.
- Session cookies – These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser’s cookie file until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze web traffic patterns, allowing us to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
What are cookies used for?
– Strictly necessary cookies – Allow you to browse the website and use its applications, as well as access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided.
– Analytical Cookies – These are used anonymously for the purpose of creating and analyzing statistics to improve the functioning of the website.
– Functionality cookies – Store user preferences regarding the use of the site so that you do not have to re-configure the site each time you visit it and have a unique browsing experience designed for you.
– Advertising cookies – Target advertising based on your interests, for example by limiting the number of times you see an ad.
How can I manage cookies?
All browsers allow you to accept, decline or delete cookies, in particular by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. You can set cookies in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
Note, however, that disabling cookies may prevent some of our services from functioning properly.
For more information about cookies and their use, we suggest you refer to the following link:
All About Cookies – http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
How long is my data kept?
We keep the data you provide to us if you have an account with us and for as long as you keep in touch to answer questions, process complaints, or return items.
Upon termination of use of our services, we may store your information anonymously and for the purposes described in the “How do you use this information?” section, however, you may request removal at any time you wish.
What are my privacy rights?
Each individual has certain rights with respect to the personal data we hold. We therefore define how to exercise these rights and enforce them in certain circumstances.
Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before responding to any requests and this may include requesting a set of security issues to ensure your identification. If you ask someone else to represent you, you must show a valid letter of attorney issued by you. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access – You have the right to know how we process your personal data, who accessed it, the information we use about you and with whom we share it.
- Portability – You have the right to receive all information Magnolia World SA has collected about you. To do so, request a document that proves the data collected through the email email@example.com.
- Correction – You have the right to correct your personal data that is incorrect. You can edit your personal information in your “User Area” settings. You can also request a correction by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Delete – You may request the deletion of your personal data under any circumstances.
- Processing Restriction – You have the right to require us to stop processing your personal data at any time.
Where can I make a complaint?
For any questions regarding the privacy and security of your data you can contact us at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.
You may file a complaint with the Information Office (www.ico.org.uk) or the National Data Protection Commission if you believe we have infringed data protection laws: https://www.cnpd.pt/bin/cnpd/acnpd.htm